RE: RE: MEDHP-SEC: Article: High Security Trips Up SomeIrradiatedPatients, Doctors Say

John -

Good point, but why would they use something for which we have "the miracle drug"? (he said tongue firmly implanted in cheek). Why not use something for which all those "magic anti-radiation pills" are useless?

P.S. For "national security reasons", they didn't identify the particular "radionuclides of concern", but it doesn't take a mental wizard to figure out what they are.

Again, my $0.02 worth ...

Jim

>>> "Jacobus, John (NIH/OD/ORS)" <jacobusj@ors.od.nih.gov> 12/5/2002 22:30:33 >>>
My guess is that they are focused on radionuclides that could pose a "real"
threat of long term exposure, like Cs-137 or Co-60.  However, it the purpose
is to frighten people, why not use I-131? Once again, we are not thinking
creatively.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist