Re: AW: DOE still trying to dump contaminated nickel

Susan,

Assuming that it remains politically unacceptable to recycle it, how about

sending it through a uranium mill with a nickel recovery circuit?

I don't think that there are any currently operating, but there are a couple

in the feasibility study stages. Adding tens of 1000's of tons of Ni to the

equation would probably make a big difference in the feasibility of having a

Ni recovery circuit.

Your Ni would stay out of the low-level waste dump and the Ni in the U ore

would stay out of the tailings. (Some of the high grade U deposits contain a

lot of Ni.)

Kai