Re:

per the HPS directory, try roy@royparker.org

"William G. Nabor" <wgnabor@uci.edu>
Sent by: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

12/18/02 12:09 PM
Please respond to "William G. Nabor"

        To:        <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>
        cc:

Dear Radsafers:

   The U.S. DOT regulations require shippers of radioactive material to be
retrained every 3 years.  IATA says every 2 years.  I have in my notes from
Roy Parker's class that the U.S. adopted IATA, but cannot find chapter and
verse.  Dr. Parker, are you out there?  I need to prove (by quoting some
regulation) that I need retraining every 2 years.  No credit given for
deducing why this is needed.  Or, if it's the case, why IATA's 2-year
requirement doesn't apply.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.