Re: Sad news - helminth hormesis

Dr. Cohen,

There are a growing group of scientists that believe that irradiation of meat

may actually reduce immune function.

For example, see:

The possible link between de-worming and the emergence of immunological

disease,Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine, Volume 139, Issue 6,

Pages 334-338 (June 2002)Joel V. Weinstock, Robert W. Summers, David E.

Elliott, Khurram Qadir, Joseph F. Urban, Jr  and Robin Thompson

If the link below is not active or is partially hyperlinked, copy the entire

link and paste the URL into the Address/Location box on your browser.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WJW-466TC5H-

2&_coverDate=06%2F30%

2F2002&_alid=77786176&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_qd=1&_cdi=6889&_sort=d&view=c

&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=f9f73a33da1f93613179f

2944006e37d

If the link below is not active or is partially hyperlinked, copy the entire

link and paste the URL into the Address/Location box on your browser.

Regards, Bill Field

University of Iowa

bill-field@iowa.edu