Rb-82 generators

I am posting this request for information on behalf of one of my colleagues

at the Florida Bureau of Radiation Control that does not subscribe to

RadSafe.  I will forward any replies to her.

"I am looking for any information on licensing or inspections issues on

Rb-82 generators.  Florida has a radiopharmacy that wants to 'transport' the

generators from one medical facility to another to provide 'Cardiogen-82.'

My concerns from review of the manufacturers information and the Sealed

Source & Device Registry is the amount of waste generated and how it is

disposed. Also,, is the system designed to be a mobile? Also, any

contamination issues.  Thanks."

Debbie Gilley, RAM Licensing Manager

FL Bureau of Radiation Control

- Walter Cofer