Skull using a mobile phone & related stuff

The EMF hysteria is definitely not over in Sweden. Scroll down to page 12-13

at the following page and see the picture:

http://www.metro.se/content/acrobat/stockholm/SESTO_20030327_A_Metro.pdf

(Stockholm edition - then it was in the Gothenberg edition yesterday - I am

not sure about "Skåne" the southernmost part of Sweden).

The included smokers - the text reads: "Now she has found her prince".

Prince is a cigarette brand in Sweden - the main actor 30 years ago -  died

from lung cancer by the way ("The Prince man" - "prinsmannen" as we used to

call him - he was the patient of one of my collaborators 8 years ago).

Back to the mobile phone thing: Comparisons are made with freons, PCB and

mad-cow disease ("galna ko-sjukan" - about 35 lines down in the first

column).

The smaller article about fluorine announces "Scientist(s) warn for the

toxic effects of fluorine" and then reference is made to a man with extreme

opinions in the matter. His name also occurs at www.kvicksilver.org

which is a center for those who claim allergies to electricity, suffer from

oral galvanism (see below at * under my name).

The last part of the Metro stuff (page 13) with professor Magnus

Ingelman-Sundberg (molecular toxicology, Karolinska Institutet) has one

message that some individuals may not like - he explains that when people

talk with others about the symptoms they have - the hysteria spreads like a

disease where the vector is psychogenic. (There is an excellent article

about this in Psychosomatics - published about eight years ago).

Now - does this matter? Well "Metro" comes in almost 800 000 daily  copies

which is a lot for a country with a population with less than 9 million

people.

I wrote a quite sharp letter yesterday to the Editor in Chief and another

responsible person asking for the point in scaring the heck out of people

for something that perhaps, maybe, possibly could eventually be a very small

risk (well something like that). A copy of the letter was sent to the

Swedish Radiation Protection Institute, SSI, and a few other people

including a professor in cariology (Karolinska Institutet).

My most personal activitivies only, not approved by anyone,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com

http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/

*The kvicksilver site is really a complex mix when it comes to causes and

contexts. www.kvicksilver.org is also a heaven for those who distrust the

government and other authorities, the Swedish Radiation Protection

Institute, most scientists in the related fields - except personalities like

Lai & Singh in Seattle, Marinelli in Italy, for an introduction check out

http://www.freeofradiation.com/

http://www.raymaster.at/ (international business career obviously)

http://www.centroconsumatori.it/47v47d1062.html

http://www.verdinrete.it/ondakiller/marinelli.htm (references include

Goodman 1989 and Liburdy )

http://www.xmx.it/elettrosmog-lettera.htm

http://www.verdinrete.it/ondakiller/ (click on the baby for better

understanding of the message - isn't it great business context - first the

baby scare and then the RayMaster's anti-radiation cone for 755 bucks +

measurement devices for 182 bucks etc?)

and Neil Cherry: http://www.neilcherry.com/ (I like the semantic acrobatics

to become a full professor which probably is supposed to make the picowatt

findings more convincing - observe that you can purchase the reports -

recently this man had arguments relating chromosome aberrations and

melatonin effects causually to "EMF" - particularly interesting if it is

correct that his background is physics and meteorology).

Those for radiation free zones at www.kvicksilver.org are now 42 % - it was

88 % in late August 2002). See lower right corner (The question is

essentially ”should the society offer radiation free zones?”,  Yes=JA,

No=Nej).