Re: Confounders and Coincidences

	I always get confused with all these arguments, and so I fall back

on what I think is the actual situation. Dr. Cohen has obtained data which

has not yet been explained with any model based upon the LNT. As I

understand it, qualitative arguments have been made and quantitative

anlayses have raised questions about the correlation with smoking, but no

one has devised a model consistent with the data derived using the LNT and

any known or imagined confounding factors. If this is correct, then it

seems to me that there is a legitimate problem that needs to be solved.

Bill Prestwich