Re:

> Whether you think that our legal system is "disreputable" is totally

> irrelevant. We still have to live with it, follow applicable laws and

> regulations, and take reasonable actions to protect ourselves.

I can't recall reading any posts from Barbara that I would characterize as totally

irrelevant.  I agree that we must follow the applicable laws, but we must also help to

make the laws.  We tend to underestimate our power to change them, and leave

science policy to well meaning people who never use more than four functions on a

pocket calculator.

-Gary Isenhower