Re: LNT Mechanisms

In a message dated 5/9/03 3:03:45 PM Mountain Daylight Time, epirad@mchsi.com writes:

. A trace is made using a series of
correlations that link the DNA double-strand break to effects at the cellular
level and these cellular effects are linked to the induction of cancer.
Multistep modelling of carcinogenesis is used to take the link through to

Does the paper take into account the rate of DNA repair? (please don't tell me to go and read the paper.  I assume that if you are citing it, you are familiar enough with it to answer the question,)

It is interesting that "all" experimental and epidemiological evidence is dismissed because of the difficulty of determining effects at low dose.  But doesn't this answer the question?  If there are not clearly observable effects at low dose, doesn't that suggest a threshold for organisms, as distinct from a threshold for DNA damage?

Ruth

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com