Fwd: IAEA consultation on propopsed changes to the Transport Regs

In a message dated 23/05/2003 15:07:10 GMT Daylight Time, julian.ginniver@ukaea.org.uk writes:

Re: Review/Revision Process of Regulatory, Advisory & Explanatory and
Emergency Planning Publications for the Safe Transport of Radioactive
Material.

Please be advised that the IAEA have published 'proposed changes' to the
above regulations. These proposals can be found at the IAEA web

site:

<http://www-rasanet.iaea.org/programme/radiation-safety/trans-login.asp>
http://www-rasanet.iaea.org/programme/radiation-safety/trans-login.asp

Please ignore the login screen and go straight to "related links" and click
on "Download proposed changes for 120 day comment".

I was sent the above through a UK discussion list.  I'm not sure when the 120 day comment period started and so don't know how long you might have to respond.  It would appear from the IAEA website listed above that they are channeling comments through your own National Representatives on the above IAEA committee.  I'm sure someone in 'radsafe land' knows who this might be for the US.  Apologies that I can't help those of other nationalities I know who subscribe to the list.

One thing to be aware of it is quite a lrge pdf file.  It has a total of 198 pages the majority of which are not easy to read on screen because they are in landscape format going up the screen.

Regards,
       Julian

see below

---------------------- Forwarded by Julian Ginniver/UKAEA on 23/05/2003

15:06 ---------------------------

Pravin Patel <pravin.patel@physics.cr.man.ac.uk> on 21/05/2003 15:19:33

Please respond to srp-uk@yahoogroups.com

Message from Department for Transport. Have fun reading the tables in

landscape!

Re: Review/Revision Process of Regulatory, Advisory & Explanatory and

Emergency Planning Publications for the Safe Transport of Radioactive

Material.

Please be advised that the IAEA have published 'proposed changes' to the

above regulations. These proposals can be found at the IAEA web

site:

 <http://www-rasanet.iaea.org/programme/radiation-safety/trans-login.asp>

http://www-rasanet.iaea.org/programme/radiation-safety/trans-login.asp

Please ignore the login screen and go straight to "related links" and click

on "Download proposed changes for 120 day comment".

In due course we shall write to you with details of a UK meeting to discuss

these proposals.

Regards

Iain Davidson

Pravin Patel