Re: Breaking News: 'Iraqi Chernobyl'

The attention of the list has been drawn to "THE OTTAWA CITIZEN" of May 29th.  A similar article is to be found in todays Australia.

My understanding is that the greatest risk from uranium toxicity is  from renal injury due to the toxicity of heavy metal  on renal tubular cells.

I was therefore very surprised to read in the article;

Dr. Hasham Abd Al-Mlek, Iraq's national nuclear inspector, who has worked at