Rokke Rants in Australia

<A HREF="http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/27/1056683904035.html";>http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/27/1056683904035.html</A>

My letter to "The Age":

Re: Blowing the N-Whistle, June 28 2003

Dear Ms. Alcorn:

Dr. Rokke apparently misled you on several points as you prepared your

article.

He was never a US military researcher.

He was never a scientific expert on depleted uranium, much less the

Pentagon's senior expert.

While I cannot tell you why he was sacked (US Privacy Act), I can tell it was

not for his "public views." His first presented these views only after he

lost his job.

Scientists are not divided and much pertinent research has been done to show

that Rokke's allegations about the DU's health effects are false.

Damaged vehicles were left behind and buried because their recovery was

uneconomical, not because they were "too dangerous to move."

He was not recalled to head a "depleted uranium project in Nevada." He

inserted himself, but the US Department of Energy only allowed him there as an

observer.

In the past he has named friends he has "lost" who are still very much alive

and well.

While uranium can cause harm internally, it must exceed a threshold well

above natural levels. Rokke and soldiers in the Gulf War never exceeded that

threshold except for friendly fire survivors. Those survivors have never shown ill

health attributable to uranium still in their bodies.

If Rokke misleads you about these easily verifiable facts, how much of his

story can you believe?

Robert Cherry, Ph.D

Certified Health Physicist

Colonel, US Army (retired)