Re: Radiochemistry

Perhaps  I am too old-fashioned, but radiochemistry was (and, I suspect, is)

part of a good graduate degree program in chemistry with emphasis on physical

chemistry.  We had a course in radiochemistry at Johns Hopkins, and I TA'd the

lab.  I think the laboratory would constitute "training" though I confess

that I'm never sure when "training" is a substitute for "education."

Radiochemistry encompasses the interaction of ionizing (and non-ionizing) radiation with

molecular structure.

It seems to me that a graduate program in chemistry with course work and

thesis or dissertation work in radiochemistry is what is desired.

Ruth

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.

ruthweiner@aol.com