RE: A Reporter Questions Rokke

My comment was not tongue-in-cheek, not made in jest. Perhaps I was not

clear. Of course I am not requesting or suggesting that some VA or DOD

employee illegally gain access to personal and confidential records and

post them. I stated that I would like to see his allegations challenged.

Perhaps I should have said "someone familiar with his case".  He is

causing a massive amount of fear in the veteran community as well as the

general public. Bob Cherry is doing a great job at challenging his

credentials where he can and I would like to see more done at an agency

level.  Maybe you can help.

It might be of interest to the list to see some of the statements that I

am referring to.  Here are some direct quotes from his emails to me (his

typing is not very accurate):

------------------

I told him that I understood about 90 "maximally exposed individuals"

were being monitored and after 12 years no effects found (from HPS

meeting 2002) He replied:

Neither DOD nor Va medical folks are doing anything with max exposed

individuals. This 90 number is not true and never has been. Until I and

others from the actual DU team interveened only 33 were under care and

that care was erratic at best.

During 1993-4 Dr. Colonel Asif Durakovic ran tests on soem emmvers of

144th maintenace who worked for me and found them hot, cancers,

respiratory, neuro, kidney, rashes etc. He reported problems and was

fired then medical records were destroyed and reports altered.

Lots of those in program are sick and hot and abandoned. birt defects

abound in kids born after they we hit. Jane said they otrehr day that

DOd knows were are all sick and do not czfe and wil not change their

reports.

As top max exposed theire are 424 who had verfied max expsoure as

reported by DOD and who have never got care at all. too many have died.

The autopsy verify uranium cause. ..Call Jane and ask her at VA DU med

program.

Why not ask DOD and /Va officials why medicl care is still denied. As t

verfied health effects- they are their in our medical records but

records from Gulf War I treatment disapperared - stoelen from conex.

Reactive airway disease that consists of calcified granulomas and

severely reduced respirator function measured by PFT and live blood

gases undr stress are veroified. Rad cataracts, neuro etc. kidney

problems etc. . if you realy want to wonder ask DOD, NIH, CDC, ATSDR why

none of the reports that contradict their mantra or available on line.

...when you go to DOE, DOD, CDC, NIH web sites or literature you will

not find du reports because they have been quashed. adverse medical

effects are verified but hidden to prevent liability.

-----------------------

The first impulse on reading this stuff is to laugh.  "Where do I

begin?"   I have tried to reason with him (and his significant audience

on his cc list) but he will not respond, no references.  So the more you

question him, the more opportunity he has to spout off.  Rediculous as

his charges appear to us, he has a very wide and growing audience of

scared believers.  I have challenged him time and again when he makes

misleading remarks within my area of expertise, but I cannot challenge

him on the medical records.  They have become a stronger and stronger

part of his ranting.

Sincerely,

Neill Stanford, CHP

Stanford Dosimetry LLC