Re: New Florida security system scans semi-trucks

I just hope they get the dogs, vehicle driver, etc. out of the way before they X-ray the truck!

By the way, Bruce, what ever happened to the weigh-station radiation monitoring system Florida used to have? Isn't it still operational?

Jim Hardeman

Jim_Hardeman@dnr.state.ga.us

>>> Jose Julio Rozental <joseroze@netvision.net.il> 7/18/2003 10:48:59 >>>

"Also on hand was one of four teams of dogs specially trained in the

detection of illegal cargo. The dogs have nearly equaled the machines in

stops made, said USDA Deputy Secretary Jim Moseley."

comment:

Defense in depth:  give to dogs a chance of only few days more and the cost

is much less than $1 million

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel