"protective powers" of pizza

This was in the news earlier this week:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3086013.stm

Eating pizza cuts cancer risk

Italian researchers say eating pizza could protect against cancer.

Researchers claim eating pizza regularly reduced the risk of developing

oesophageal cancer by 59%. The risk of developing colon cancer also fell by

26% and mouth cancer by 34%, they claimed.  The secret could be lycopene, an

antioxidant chemical in tomatoes, which is thought to offer some protection

against cancer, and which gives the fruit its traditional red colour.

... Dr Silvano Gallus, of the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmaceutical

Research in Milan, who led the research: "We knew that tomato sauce could

offer protection against certain tumours, but we did not expect pizza as a

complete meal also to offer such protective powers." ...

For the complete news article see:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3086013.stm

Doesn't this sound familiar?

Armin Ansari