Re: Philly Residents Fight Planned Irradiator

Sandy, I share the appreciation of others to be kept informed of such

items. I frequently use parts of your news posts to inform a list of

email correspondents what is happening. Similarly, I can tell them what

anachronistic claims are being made which can be refuted with existing

scientific evidence.

I think it is helpful for other lay persons and families to learn how

irradiation of foodstuffs has been used already for many years and what

the prospective advantages are of expanding the practice. I've met many

who were unaware of the irradiation of spices and of astronauts food

since the inception of the manned space program!

Finally, I'd like to suggest that if you wish to promote irradiation of

meat, eggs, produce, then call the major grocery chain regional office

nearest you and inquire how soon they plan to make these products

available in your community.  Repeat every couple months and enlist

enlightened neighbors.  <g>

Cheers,

Maury Siskel               maury@webtexas.com

_________

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather

straps.