Re: Drum fire at Idaho's Advanced Mixed Waste Treatment Facility

With all of the talk on this list of educating the media, maybe someone

should start with the place the media gets their information from.  Thank

god the radiation did not escape, they would have had to put out a

state-wide APB on missing electromagnetic energy, and then how would you

put it back in the container?  What a conundrum that could have caused.

The devil is in the details.

>         "The radiation did not escape the container and workers were not

> injured during the fire Wednesday morning, lab spokeswoman Ann Riedesel said.

Kim Merritt

Radiation/Laser Safety Officer

HazMed, Inc.

NASA Langley Research Center

Hampton, VA

(757)864-3210

<mailto:k.merritt@larc.nasa.gov>

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed herein are my own and do not

necessarily state or reflect those of NASA or the United States Government,

nor do they represent the official position of NASA.