AW: "The good old days..."

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Stewart Farber

Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. August 2003 21:03

An: Radsafe

Betreff: "The good old days..."

Radsafe:

This quote showed up in a mailing I received today from www.beliefnet.com:

"If you’re yearning for the good old days, just turn off the air

conditioning."

-  Griff Niblack

Better yet throw the main breaker to your home, place of work, and local

sewage,

water treatment and distribution plant and really get a sense of the good

old days.

Stewart,

In the good old days I would have died at the age of 21 because of

appendicitis.

If I had survived, I might have died at the age of 39, but in  any case

would have been crippled, if X-rays had not identified and located the

damage in my spinal column.

After surviving that I would have died at the age of 54 because of coronary

infarction, but nuclear medicine was able to locate the damaged areas of my

heart and angioplasty, which is impossible without the help of x-rays, has

restored the blood flow. "Isostents", wire mesh containing P-32 was

implanted into the coronary arteries and have helped to keep the blood flow

open, so that I live now better than before.

Are there still people out there who want to forbid the use of radioactive

substances or the devices, which produce them?????

How many of you would have died without the use of X-rays and nuclear

medicine???

Best regards,

Franz