Re: No sternum

"Gibbs, S J" wrote:

> RADSAFErs:

> There may have been an injury to the sternum related to previous medical

> treatment.  However, before placing any blame, please remember that the patient

> is still alive after at least two potentially fatal diseases.  I don't like to

> sound crude, but an intact sternum would be of little benefit six feet

> underground.

With all due respect - that argument is used to excuse all sorts of

malpractice!  It just doesn't wash.

My sister is nearly blind due to errant treatment in an OR - to the

extend that the hospital has even modified records to cover it up and

most recently my mother was being treated by a most arrogant doctor who

made her last two weeks a time of suffrage instead of a time of comfort

because he wanted to either play god - or couldn't stand to be corrected

by a woman/nurse (my sister) and coerced her into futile chemo torture.

In the first case my sister survived the OR experience - but is now

nearly blind - my mother had little time left - her cancer was first

discovered after it had fully metastasized to the lungs and pleural

cavity and was discovered when large quantities of fluid had to be

drained from both areas.  She wanted dignity and didn't want tubes etc.

She got exactly what she didn't want.  My sister called the prognosis

exactly - but the doctor didn't tolerate that when and galvanized his

position to my mothers discomfort - and turned her against my sister and

that was not resolved before her death.  In fact - my sister's prognosis

not only made total sense and was supported by the literature - but it

also turned out to be very right on.