Bristlecone pine, number of chromosomes, backgr. radiation

Radsafers Friends,

I wonder if any of you has access to the number of chromosomes in the

bristlecone pine. Being the longest living organism on Earth it should be

expected to accumulate some DNA damage due to background radiation. I have

searched some but didn't find the answers:

1. Number of chromosomes?

2. Diploid or polyploid?

I am writing on an article about radiation protection of non-humans...

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays!  Snappier product search...

http://shopping.msn.com