Re: Tooth Fairy (Project)

However, public policy based on bad research does

bother me.  In a number of instances, drugs in the

market place are recalled due to poor, incomplete or

fraudulent research done by the manufacturers.

--- LancerGT@AOL.COM wrote:

> If conducted properly, the TFP advocates may or may

> not get the results they

> wish for as result of their study. However, if the

> the study were to be

> conducted in a rigorously scientific manner - it

> would still produce valid data

> (albeit negative or inconclusive). Then only the

> utility of the whole thing is in

> question. Politically speaking, 25k for this kind of

> mileage among certain NJ

> constituents could be considered a bargain. It is a

> cheap way of showing that

> their concerns are being listened to while not

> acting on them in a substantial

> manner. Now that's a good utilization of money that

> isn't even their's to

> begin with.   Were we to spend so much time on each

> questionable $25,000 the rest

> of government has seemingly under utilized - we

> could...  talk a lot more! So

> after all is said and done what is the worst thing

> that can happen as a

> result of this study? Neither junk science nor valid

> data  alarm me.

> David Lawrence

> Montclair NJ

=====

"Eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty and . . . you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."

Andrew Jackson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist