TFP frame

The point is not about trench coats (I wouldn't waste the money - I usually

come "street smart" in Bklyn - blue jeans etc). I wouldn’t encourage anyone

to visit the area for the sake of the TFP – jogging in Prospect Park is

better - daytime, just don’t inhale too much because the air is dirty.

The point is about “Radiation Public Health Project”, RPHP, as a frame and

we now have it confirmed I believe – that this is not an established

institution with relevant expertise (John Travolta involved in a radiation

risk issue, hmm…). With this confirmation I agree that any extra visits

would be silly – I can assure you that I will prioritize the botanic garden

next time I am in the area (TFP HQ comes far down below jogging).

About searching in Medline and similar systems: It is definitely unusual

that a published paper bears an address that misleads the thought (to what

appears to be an established institution – rather than a home). It is OK

with papers written from homes but then that should be clearly stated –

otherwise it may be misunderstood. According to my opinion this is a kind of

deception.

Suppose that those RPHP papers/reports reach some sensational media people

(“can’t be possible uhh?”). Will they understand these details? And besides

they have the business synergy with the TFP/STAR people. Normal institutions

like Radiation Oncology & Radiology (SUNY HSC at Brooklyn – “Downstate”)

have many dozens of staff at the respective departments. Downstate has a

clear website where you can get an idea about the authority the represent:

OK – I admit - movie stars and supermodels against a bunch of professors

(some of which work with radiation) including a recent Nobel Prize winner in

medicine – that’s tough.

It comes back to the emotional vs. the logic (there is emotional logic

also!). The TFP people

are focused on emotions – that’s why we can assume that they are aware of

the image value of www.radiation.org, RPHP, supermodels, movie stars etc.

It should not come as a surprise to the TFP/STAR folks that we look at all

aspects of what they are doing. All these pieces of reflections form a

larger picture. You stand back as if watching some patchy colorful

impressionist art and then everything becomes even more clear as one steps

back. The opposite is to focus on some level of radioactivity (assumed to be

Sr 90) in a particular tooth. And the painting needs a frame – the RPHP – to

put you at the right distance.

My personal reflections only,

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com

Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list?  MSN Shopping has lined up some

good bets!  http://shopping.msn.com