RE: wind, solar and nuclear power

Radsafers,

>As for the idea of a mass changeover to more efficient appliances,

>where will all those white goods go and are you prepared to recycle all

>of them?

To add to this, I'd like to repeat a point I made a while back:  more energy

efficient appliances almost certainly won't lead to less overall energy

consumption!

If we get more fuel efficient vehicles, we're likely to drive them further.

That's certainly been the case in the UK, better average miles per gallon

(or km/litre) figures have been made up for with greater average mileage.

If we save on electric by putting in energy-saving light bulbs, we'll spend

the money we save on other energy-using activities.

This isn't my idea, it goes back several decades.  I'm not saying energy

efficiency is pointless, far from it, because obviously it lets us do more

with less.  But the gains made by energy efficient appliances are likely to

be temporary at best.

Personal views only

Regards

keith.bradshaw@nnc.co.uk

NNC's UK Operating Companies : NNC Holdings Limited (no. 3725076), NNC Limited (no. 1120437), National Nuclear Corporation Limited (no. 2290928), STATS-NNC Limited (no. 4339062) and Technica-NNC Limited (no. 235856).  The registered office of each company is at Booths Hall, Chelford Road, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 8QZ except for Technica-NNC Limited whose registered office is at 6 Union Row, Aberdeen AB10 1DQ.  NNC's head office and principal address is Booths Hall and the switchboard number is 01565 633800.  The NNC website is www.nnc.co.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it have been sent to you by the relevant UK operating company and are confidential and intended for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the NNC system manager by e-mail at eadm@nnc.co.uk.