RE: comparing individual and collective doses

Mike

We had many long discussions on this when we developed/wrote? NCRP

Publication 121 but did not resolve it completely. My take on it was that

the individual dose should be used to judge if a practise was acceptable and

collective dose on whether it was ALARA.

That is, ALARA does not apply to individual dose.

What this means for regulations depends on the "regulator" :)!

John

 _________________

John R Johnson, Ph.D.

*****