Re: Measuring pulsed fields

Kim Merritt,

> Is the Bicron 2000 w/ HP270 or the RO2 adequate for measuring pulsed x-ray

> fields with microsecond pulsewidths?  I don't have the manuals for these

> instruments.  Alternately, can anyone recommend an instrument that is good

> for measuring these kinds of fields.

I don't know the instruments you mention. If you don't need an energy spectrum,

things are pretty simple - any MCS allowing dwell times shorter than the

shortest pulse you want to see will do. If you want energy spectra of the pulses,

things get towards an MCA with list mode and time-stamping... well, this is

probably a great overkill, they use them on accelerators (and we make them

notebook sized :-).

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff

Transgalactic Instruments, Gourko Str. 25 b, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com

Phone: 00359/2/9923340