Re: Dirty Bomb Rescue Worker

EPA-400-R-92-001, May 1992, USEPA Manual of Protective Action Guides and

Protective Actions for Nuclear Incidents, ..."provides radiological

protection guidance that may be used for responding to any type of nuclear

incident or radiological emergency, except nuclear war."

Table 2-2 Guidance on Dose Limits for Workers performing Emergency Services:

dose limit: 5 rem TEDE for all activities, except

10 rem TEDE for protecting valuable property ( when lower dose not

practicable), and

25 rem TEDE for lifesaving or protection of large populations (when lower

dose not practicable, and

>25 rem TEDE lifesaving or protection of large populations (only on a

voluntary basis to persons fully aware of the risks involved).

FRMAC Radiological Emergency Response Health and Safety Manual

(DOE/NV/11718-440, May 2001) adopts same limits for Federal responders.