Re: Depleted Uranium "Smuggling" Story Rehash

Glen Vickers,

> ... Either their detection process failed, or their known detection

> capabilities were not set up to detect this quantity and type of material

> because it was not considered significant.  Which is it?  Just state the facts.

I would not expect to hear any of that. Frankly, I would expect they have

installed more or less the same $2.8k monitors - which, good as they are - cannot

be expected to do the job of a $280k device, which likely was paid for in this

case as well. Or it is some similar sort of story. After the container

monitoring thread - public paying >$250k of a $280k total - for paperwork

and consulting, getting a $2.8k device, I just don't see why bother looking

for further facts. The media make some noise, more spending is needed

for protection, and guess what, 99% of all cash will go down the throat of

the current elbowing champion who can sign the spending - and everybody is

happy. Except for the few who still do some real work - oh, do they count?

 Our brave new world...

Dimiter (recently somewhat disillusioned about multiplyiers in use today...)

Dimiter Popoff

Transgalactic Instruments, Gourko Str. 25 b, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com

Phone: 00359/2/9923340