Re: Nuclear Medicine Patients and Homeland Security

On 30 Dec 2003 at 11:01, Carol Marcus wrote:

> there is a large margin

> of safety built into 35.75 that virtually assures that no member of

> the public will get >500mrem (doing the calculations correctly, of

> course, not doing bizarre NRC-style calculations that expand time,

> shrink distance, and ignore shielding).

Unless it's a homeless person who happens to be sleeping next to

someone else for an extended period of time!  Serioulsy, I think this

is a lot about nothing. There is no consequence. Simply a lot of

continuiing hype and fear of radiation perpetuated by those who

should know better. Scientifically speaking, a waste of everyone's

effort.

------------------------------------

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@globaldosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/