Badges for surgery

Dear List Members:

I am currently in the midst of discussing the use of badges for our surgery

department - by badges, I of course meaning radiation exposure monitoring

badges. There are a few individuals in the department that consistently

receive moderate exposures. Several others do receive low exposures, but

nothing to be really concerned about. However, because I do see readings on

their badges, I am not inclined to discontinue the surgery series. Surgery,

however wants to discontinue their badges. This is due primarily to the

rather "difficult" task of swapping out the badges. So I wanted to ask how

many RSOs out there still badge their Surgery departments.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey A. Garrett, MS, DABR

Chief Physicist

Mississippi Baptist Medical Center

1225 North State Street

Jackson, MS 39202

Office: 601-968-1725

Cancer Center: 601-968-1416 or 1420

Fax: 601-960-3317

The information contained in this email is confidential and is intended for the recipient only.  Do not forward this email without permission from its originator.