Re: Sweden says its nuclear waste may be terror hazard

Dear Colleagues,

It is impressive this information.

IAEA states: "What is needed is cradle-to-grave control of powerful

radioactive sources to protect them against terrorism or theft," says IAEA

Director General Mohamed ElBaradei."

"The radioactive materials needed to build a "dirty bomb" can be found in

almost any country in the world, and more than 100 countries may have

inadequate control and monitoring programs necessary to prevent or even

detect the theft of these materials,"

Of coarse we can't believe Sweden is one of the these100 countries, however

what I can believe and to affirm is to get initial results dealing with

these 100 countries is only using experience + creativity in good scale.

Experience to understand the problems and difficulties of each Regulatory

Authority to implement measures and procedures and Creativity to find and to

transmit to who's who in the Government the Safety and now Security Culture

toward the IAEA's intention to strengthen their capabilities to control and

regulate radioactive sources."

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel

General coordinator to Respond the Radiological Emergency in Goiania