RE: Radiation Hormesis

well I certainly got my question answered about experiments which show hormesis.  I think this is the evidence that should be cited to support hormesis, rather than the high background radiation in Kerala and similar things, even if we have to cite plant and mouse experiments rather than human results.

Also, to refine somewhat the statement with which Jim Muckerheide took exception:  the hormesis question is best dealt with separately from the threshold question, at least in public pronouncements.  Objectively, of course, there appears to be a continuum from hormesis to a threshold to adverse effects at higher doses.  However, many people, at the urging of the activists, do not look at the situation objectively, and that's why they cling to the LNT.  I'd just separate hormesis from threshold existnce in writing for public consumption.

ruth

--

Ruth F. Weiner

ruthweiner@aol.com