RE: Overtime Will Be Outlawed

-----Original Message-----

From:	Zack Clayton [mailto:zclayton@YAHOO.COM]

Sent:	Fri 1/23/2004 6:12 AM

To:	radsafe

Subject:	RE: Overtime Will Be Outlawed

RE: Overtime Will Be Outlawed

The first tenets laid out here (below) are consistent, although I don't

know why a compensation cap is needed of 65K or any other wage number.

That would hit a lot of plumbers, electricians, and other "Skilled

labor".  But then to suggest that a manager at a fast food joint would

benefit from these flies in the face of "responsibility or authority .

. . (Supervisory type decisions - hihiring/firing)".  Exactly the

activities that would be prevented from getting OT.  At least be

internally consistent in your dream world folks.

What a quaint concept.  The idea that this administration would support

paying some small management class OT is laughable if the reality

wasn't so sad.

As was already stated,  look at your own credentials and employment

characteristics, and decide for your self if you get screwed by this.

I would.

Zack Clayton

HP3

Columbus, OH

Employer name with held due to a troll who tried to get me fired for an

opinion I posted previously.  Besides, my thoughts on this has nothing

to do with my employer.

<SNIP>

>I have skimmed the proposed law.  As I recall what the DODOLs wanting

to accomplish is this:

New criteria will be defined to dictate who is eligible for OT and who

is not.

One of those criteria is the base salary ($65,000 sticks in my head).

Another is the type of responsibility or authority they have, such as

what types of decisions are they expected to make (supervisory type

decisions - hiring/firing).

The different criteria get evaluated to determine who is eligible and

who is exempt.  The intent is to position people that are currently

salaried at low pay levels, such as the manager at Taco Bell working a

lot of hours, so that they will be able to collect OT. <

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/