Re; Hormesis or not

Radsafers,

Sorry to hark back to an old thread, but the question of

the reaction of plants to radiation reminded me that a

plant geneticist once told me that the irradiation of plant

seeds can effect a doubling of the chromosomes (visible

under a microscope), and that such plants with a double set

usually have superior properties. Could that be termed a

hormetic effect?

Chris Hofmeyr

Chris.Hofmeyr@webmail.co.za