RE: U.S.: Nuclear Plant Cheated During Drill

"First, you do not want the security detail responding to a drill

with live ammunition.  This would be very bad PR."

>Doug, think the US Military plays with MILES equipment when they

do a penetration exercise at a secured facility? Not done when I

was doing them. As any "meateater or greenie" who does these. You

have to revise the shoot don't shoot rules and the exercise rules

but this is the only way you can really test security.

"Second, during a drill, physical security has to be maintained

on the site, i.e., security supervisors have to make sure that

sectors involved in the drill are covered by personnel who are

not participating in the drill.  Actual security is at its

weakest during a drill, when a significant amount of resources

and attention are being consumed by the scenario.  It makes

perfect sense to detail the drill plan to on-duty supervisors

prior to the drill."

>Doug, this is the reason why we are suppose to have

"unannounced" drills. It makes no difference if its a drill or

not. If you have to preplan to maintain security during a drill

you are defeating the purpose of the drill in the fist place and

only kidding yourself.

"I think the term "cheating" is a bit strong."

> Agreed, dumb was the right word. Just my opinion. "The problem

with taking the easy way out, is that the enemy has already mined

it." Regards Gerry

http://mail.Justice.com