Re: Secret shipment at Y-12

I wonder how much uraninum hexafluoride and how much

was equipment.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/local_news/article/0,1406,KNS_347_2609863,00.html

> Tons of nuclear material and sensitive equipment

> were airlifted

> out of Libya Monday night and brought to a

> government facility in

> Oak Ridge, officials confirmed Tuesday - hours after

> the secret

> shipment had reached its destination.

> . . .

> "On the flight was UF6 - uranium hexafluoride -

> which is used for

> feedstock to enrich uranium," he said. "Also

> included on the

> flight were centrifuge parts, which are used to

> enrich uranium

> (for weapons use). Finally, the shipment contains

> ballistic

> missile guidance sets for longer-range missiles,

> which Libya has

> voluntarily agreed to eliminate."

> . . .

=====

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist