RE: Article: At the Center of the Storm Over Bush And Science

Have you considered that maybe NPR is balance, but you

just don't like what they say?

--- JGarrett@mbhs.org wrote:

> Harry Anagnostopoulos wrote:

>              "Here's one thought, yes.

>              "NPR is a supposed "news" program that

> is supported by public

> funds and

> should provide non-biased and balanced reporting.

>              "Rush is clearly a political pundit, is

> supported by

> advertising, and does

> not claim to be a news program.

>              "Personnaly, I find both programs to be

> lacking in balance and

> fairness."

> While accurate on face value, what you fail to

> mention is that NPR claims

> they are not biased, which they clearly are (unless

> you are a democrat, in

> which case you probably also consider CBS, ABC, and

> NBC to be middle of the

> road and Fox a right-wing propaganda machine). Rush

> on the other hand tells

> you in no uncertain terms where he comes from and

> everyone knows it. Why

> does Rush need to be balanced? It's his damn show.

> And if you listen to his

> show, he puts those with opposing viewpoints at the

> top of the caller list

> so he can shoot them down as quickly as possible.

> That's pretty fair. What

> is your idea of fair: not taking a stand on any side

> of any issue?

> Jeffrey A. Garrett, MS, DABR

> Chief Physicist

> Mississippi Baptist Medical Center

> 1225 North State Street

> Jackson, MS 39202

> Office: 601-968-1725

> Cancer Center: 601-968-1416 or 1420

> Fax: 601-960-3317

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

> body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

> archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

=====

""A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind and won't change the subject."  Winston Churchill

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com