Re: Can someone explain this to me in fireman talk

April 7

	Louis Molino wrote, "Can someone explain to me how DU exposure ='s RAD

sickness?"

	Easy -- DU exposure <doesn't> equal radiation sickness.  (At least not at

the levels currently under consideration.)

	May I recommend an informative and unusually well researched paper?

	"War Syndromes and Their Evaluation:  From the U.S. Civil War to the

Persian Gulf War" by Hyams, K. C. et al., Annals of Internal Medicine;

125:398-405; Sept. 1996.

	This post-war syndrome has been observed in U. S. soldiers after every war

back to and including the Civil War, (with the exception of the

Spanish-American War).

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com