Re: Can someone explain this to me in fireman talk

RE:"The company whilst pretty ordinary in workplace cleanliness control,

did at least carry out monthly urine analyis for uranium.  I was the

poor sap who had to prep the samples for despatch to the government

analyst by addition of preservative.  (BTW, fluorimetric (chemical)

analysis of U in urine would not cost anywhere near $1000 per sample,

more like $50.  If these guys are doing ISOTOPIC analysis, they are

pissing army money up against the wall)"

If you want to discriminate between natural uranium and depleted uranium

you have to do the isotopic analysis.  Yes, the dose will be about the

same, but you want to know the source.  I'd suggest screening with the

elemental analysis, then doing the isotopic on the positives.  The

elemental will be between $50 and $100, and the isotopic over $200.

Jay MacLellan