Re: Can someone explain this to me in fireman talk

>I would bet the troops had less-than-adequate briefings as to what

>medical risks might be present at the outset, because if they had, they

>would be focussing in on the real "probable exposure" situations (eg

>pneumonitis from birdshit, sensitization from solvent exposures, etc

>etc) rather than the unrealistic one of U exposure.

Not to mention silicosis (and general lung and sinus irritation) from

all that dust and sand.  Even sandbox sand now carries warnings about

that.  In the case of health concerns about radioactive and hazardous

materials exposures by workers in Oak Ridge, it was found that the

likely culprit for the generalized malaise and ill-defined symptoms was

more likely the high mold concentrations in the non-ventilated storage

areas.

My own opinions,

Susan Gawarecki