Re: Fw: Limited radiation exposure may actually benefit health:NCRPpub

No, Howard, I am not a regulator, but I am involved

with the ensuring regulatory compliance of  our

researchers.  As a consequence I have read much on

this issue.

I do not believe in the LNT, nor hormesis.  They are

either side of a coin that should not have any

influence on our use of radiation sources at low

activity levels, e.g., nuclear power plants,

diagnostic medicine.

--- Howard Long <hflong@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Radsci list members, please post comment on Gary's

> question to the radsafe

> list, below.

> I have little knowledge of the NCRP position and I

> disclose a long-learned

> bias favoring hormesis. John seems to be a

> regulator, so may have bias

> favoring simple LNT, which does not require a

> calculation of predicted

> benefit to deduct from predicted harm to determine

> risk.

> Howard Long

=====

"Those who have not known the joy of standing up for a great cause of justice have not known what makes living worthwhile."

Paul Painleve, regarding the Dreyfus Affair, 1895

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com