RE: Savannah River site contractor faces fine

AMEN BROTHER!

Jim Hardeman

Jim_Hardeman@dnr.state.ga.us

>>> "Kent, Michael D." <Michael.Kent@nmcco.com> 4/19/2004 15:24:14 >>>

>Savannah River site contractor faces fine

>The proposed fine against Westinghouse Savannah River Co. is for $206,250.

>"DOE took this action because of the number of personnel protective

>barriers that were overcome and the potential this had for significant

>radiation exposure levels to personnel," according to a statement from

>DOE. Problems were similar to those in an event five years ago, it found.

>the year above 1,500 millirem.

OK, yet another shining example of DOE leadership.  In addition to the fine, how about stopping work and getting another contractor.  Or I don't know, here's a novel idea, get another organization to perform the oversight, let's say the NRC.

Fox guarding the henhouse, somehow always seems like a conflict of interest.

Just my own thoughts,

Michael D. Kent