RE: News Article: Patients, Physicians Unaware of CT Radiation Exposure

Thanks John, this is interesting.

Regarding the statement,

"Given the current debate about the possible increased cancer risk

associated with diagnostic CT scans,...... we believe that it is important

that the radiology community make current information regarding CT radiation

dose more widely available."

I thought the "current debate" was about the possible DECREASED cancer risk

associated with low dose radiation ?

(they seems to be talking about a debate 20 to 40 years ago....)

Regarding,

"Nearly half the radiologists (47%) believed that a CT scan increased the

lifetime risk of cancer"

....seems to suggest that there might be a problem if these radiologists are

asked to "make current information regarding radiation widely available...."

Jaro