RE: News Article: Patients, Physicians Unaware of CT Radiation Exposure

It would not be uncommon for a patient to get more than 50 mSv (5 rem).

<SNIP>

I thought that the current thinking was that no detrimental effects can be

supported scientifically for any dose less than about 10 rem.

If that's the case, than why all the fuss about 1 rem CT doses ?

As far as I know, there is no debate about DECREASED

risk of cancer in the medical profession.  It only

appears on this list server.