From: owner-radsafe@list.Vanderbilt.Edu [mailto:owner-radsafe@list.Vanderbilt.Edu]On Behalf Of Dr. Sergio Faermann

Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 07:13

To: radsafe@list.Vanderbilt.Edu

Subject: Maze doors for HDR?

Dear colleagues

We are in process of receiving a new HDR unit ( Gammamed),which is to be installed in an existing accelerator room

 ( Clinac 18)-10 MV X-rays).

The room was designed at the time with a maze and without the need of a shielded door.

My question is what is the methodology to calculate the dose at the door( scattered radiation) for  a 10 Ci Ir-192 HDR source? I didn't find in NCRP 51 references to the reflection coefficient for Ir-192.

Thanking you in advance

Sergio Faermann