Re: CNN article

Hi Fritz;

I just read a response that galactic radiation is different from cosmic

radiation, and that the FAA monitors airline crews in terms of "galactic

radiation". OK then, so I've left them a query about what doses they are getting

on their crews.

Even more galactic than just regular galactic? Far out. I had in mind pulsars,

x-ray binaries,   neutron and radio stars, etc. I should be thinking along lines

like white and black holes, and perhaps the leading edge of two colliding

galaxies (very bright gamma bursters). But you know all that stuff from way out

there has got to really be doppler-shifted by the time it gets here. The

ionizing potential as well as proportion relative to local/solar radiation has

got to be tiny.  I still think the more local form of cosmic radiation from our

own sun is more of a dose risk..Remember the last big solar flare a while back

that knocked down automated bank tellers and messed up cell phone due to heavy

satellite ionization? I don't think I'd want to be flying at 40K plus when that

happened!

-Russ