Re: [Fwd: [graffis-l] Plutonium cancer risk may be higher than thought]

In a message dated 7/18/2004 5:19:57 PM Mountain Daylight Time,

sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET writes:

> And consider all the scientists who have worked with Pu, who not only

> have they been exposed externally, but also internally, and, they

> still either live or lived to a ripe old age. Dangerous stuff? If one

> wants to consider risks, I'd take my chances with Pu compared to

> driving Interstate 5 or the 405 in S. CA!

Or I-25 through Albuquerque

Seriously:  those "dreadful" Pu injection experiments that Eileen Wellsome

wrote her book about,(and that Patricia Durbin actually published in 1968!)

showed one intersting thing:  the people who were INJECTED with plutonium and

didn't have the terminal disease they were thought to have, lived to ripe old

ages (like in their eighties) and died of something unrelated.  OK, Norman, I'm

neither advocating Pu oinjections nor saying I agreed or disagreed with what

was done, but look at the results.  that's what scientists do, by the way.

Ruth

RuthF. Weiner, Ph. D.

ruthweiner@aol.com