Phone: (315)464-6510

FAX:     (315)464-5095

fearp@upstate.edu

>>> Christian Hofmeyr<chris.hofmeyr@webmail.co.za> 7/29/2004 1:23:47 PM

Radsafers,

I wish to draw your attention to an interview today on BBC

world service TV with James Lovelock (Hardtalk series). He

is the father of the Gaia hypothesis and one of the

foremost environmentalists.  I know that there is quite a

bit of resistance among the Radsafe subscibers against the

concept of global warming, but it is heartwarming to hear

such a reasoned and ringing endorsement of nuclear power as

an essential and the safest component of power generation.

 The Hardtalk interviewers are pretty sharp, but Lovelock

managed to demolish all the usual arguments against

nuclear.  If you are quick, you might still catch one of

the repeat transmissions of the interview.  Do yourself a

favour.

Chris Hofmeyr

Chris.Hofmeyr@webmail.co.za

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/