Re: UV radiation high at Earth poles

Hmmmmm,

     This is from:    jpreisig@aol.com    .

     Howdy radsafers,

          Global Warming???  There are holes in the ozone layer at the

     Earth poles (NASA researchers found this I think).  So, UV radiation

     at the polar regions may be high due to these holes.  Maybe global

     warming increases the dimensions of these holes, Kai....

          Been reading lately about Princeton Plasma Physics Labs efforts

     at a Fusion Space drive.  The work involves plasmas, electromagnetic

     fields (repulsion???) and Lithium.  Cool.  Maybe this is all described

more

     on their web-site.

          I also read in a recent Geotimes that there were severe droughts in

the

     1950's.  Do any radsafers recall this drought period personally???

     Remember, 1910, 1954 and 1998 are the times of the recent maxima

     in Earth polar motion amplitude.  That is, the Earth's spin (or

geometric)

     axis tips towards the Sun a bit more than usual.  2042 is around the time

     when things on Earth will get a bit warmer again.  Enjoy the cooler

     weather for a while.

          I also read somewhere that Hanford has placed the radwaste from

     single-walled storage tanks into double-walled storage tanks.  If this

is

     indeed the case, than congratulations to the people from Hanford for

     getting this important work done.

          Enjoy the Labor Day weekend.

                                                                 Joe P.

                                                                 J.R.