RE: Global warming increases UV?

Recent, rather unexpected, discoveries suggest that greenhouse gases are tending to cool the Arctic winter stratosphere, moving it toward the sort of polar ice cloud conditions that are responsible for the spring Antarctic ozone hole each year.

Some of the story can be found at

<csmonitor.com/cgi-bin/durableRedirect.pl?/durable/2000/06/02/f-p2s1.html>

and

<www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2004/apr/HQ_04138_ozone_loss.html>

Best regards.

Jim Dukelow

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

Richland, WA

jim.dukelow@pnl.gov

These comments are mine and have not been reviewed and/or approved by my management or by the U.S. Department of Energy.